Welcome to the Penn Heritage websites
The History, Monuments and Memorials of Holy Trinity, Penn
Holy Trinity Penn Street and St Margaret’s, Tylers Green
The parish of Holy Trinity, Penn is the very ancient ecclesiastical parish of Penn, minus parts given to Holy Trinity, Penn Street and to St. Margaret’s, Tylers Green. It includes the villages of Penn, Knotty Green and Forty Green.
The new ecclesiastical parish of Holy Trinity Penn Street was formed in 1850 out of the parishes of Penn and Little Missenden, and includes the villages of Penn Street, Holmer Green, Beamond End, Mop End and part of Winchmore Hill. Christ Church, Holmer Green was built as a daughter church in 1894.
The village of Tylers Green was part of the large parish of All Saints, High Wycombe until 1845 when a church was built at Hazlemere which included Tylers Green in its new Ecclesiastical District. St Margaret’s, Tylers Green was built in 1854 and its own new ecclesiastical district was formed from part of the Hazlemere District and part of Holy Trinity, Penn. The new St Margaret’s ecclesiastical parish was not agreed until 1863.
Historically village life revolved around the church, and these websites have been created to preserve the history of those villages and church, village and daily life.