Burials & Memorials, Old Churchyard

 

Old Churchyard Burials

In 1947 the Revd Oscar Muspratt commissioned a survey of the old churchyard to identify and map all existing burials.  The objective was to find space for more burials and planning for the New Churchyard extension into the old Vineyard south of the existing churchyard began soon afterwards.  The first burial in the new churchyard was in 1952.

The 1947 survey was updated in 2014 to try and identify all burials which could still be located.

The PDF link below shows the 2014 revision of the 1947 survey.

Old Churchyard Burials, sorted by Name, opens as a PDF in new window

Old Churchyard Burials, 1947 Plan, PDF opens in new window.

This entry was first published by .